Which platforms do you need to cover with your product? iOS? Android? Probably Windows Phone? We'd like to offer some stats illustrating the current situation on the mobile market.
If you take a look at the worldwide marketshare of mobile platforms, Android is the absolute leader with 81.3%; iOS follows with 13.4%. Windows Phone occupies the third place with 4.1%. BlackBerry's share is 1%, while other mobile operating systems have 0.2% in total.
When it comes to numbers of app downloads, Android with its huge popularity and numerous devices couldn't fail: 58% downloaded apps belong to Android, 33% are iOS apps, and 9% are divided among the rest.
But what about monetization of developers' and software owners' efforts? Here the situation is drastically different: iOS is the leader in this area with 65%. Android has 27%, and other operating systems occupy 8%.
What can we see here: iOS and Android together account for more than 90% of the market and revenues. Android means audience, iOS means revenues. Many businesses try to build apps for both of them for marketing non-digital services and products.
MobiDev wields the cutting edge of the IT in the field of mobile and web development. How do we apply it for you?
- Develop an application for one or more mobile platforms;
- Port an application to another mobile platform;
- Build a custom website/web service;
- Build a website upon an open-source CMS;
- Create a complex system comprising a server and one or more mobile clients.
MobiDev is a client-oriented and relationship-based software company. After the product launch we conduct maintenance and support:
- Minor updates, fixes and tweaks;
- Adjustments of product performance;
- Installation support for web services and apps;
- Product documentation;
- Product usage troubleshooting.
Depending on your needs, we can offer our design, development, testing and consulting services separately.